Even more delightfully academic wizardry to enchant your mages.
Publisher's blurb: "Master the Building Blocks of Magic!
"Two wizards face off against one another, both attempting to cast the same spell. Their hands go through the complex motions as quickly as they can, racing to finish first while struggling not to let a single finger fall out of place. An apprentice attempts to cast a difficult spell for the first time, and stumbles to a halt halfway through - what was the next word? Ixos, or isox? - if he guesses wrong, the spell may go horribly awry. A kindly old hedge witch tells a desperate client that there is a spell that does what he wants, but in order to cast it properly, she will need a lily that bloomed on a grave.
"These are the kinds of exciting and dramatic moments that spell components have the potential to provide, but itís not something you see very often at the game table, where spell components are often glossed over as though they were nothing. Pathfinder Roleplaing Game: Occult Adventures introduced two new types of spell components, and this book takes that idea to the next level by introducing spells with several new kinds of components, including:
- Intricate components, which take existing components like verbal and somatic to a dramatic new level in exchange for powerful returns.
- Energy components, which draw on the caster's own life force to cast.
- Sacrifice components, which require a live, intelligent sacrifice to perform.
- Soul components, where a captured soul is needed to power the spell (whose effect often depends on the soul's quality).
- Terrain components, found in powerful spells that can only be cast while in certain types of terrain.
"...and a whole lot more!"
Authors: Alex Riggs and Joshua Zaback
Publishers' Reference: Unknown
Paperback, 130 pages
Date: December 2015
Buy this product:
Product page last updated: 31 July 2016