Learn the secrets of successful game designers, whether you want to join their ranks or just enhance your own games to epic levels.
Publisher's blurb: "Our best-selling series continues! The Kobold Guide to Game Design Volume III: Tools &Techniques goes even deeper into the territory of professional design with a dozen essays by an all-star lineup of industry veterans including:
- Award-winning designer and publisher Wolfgang Baur
- 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons designer Monte Cook
- 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons designer Rob Heinsoo
- New York Times best-selling author Ed Greenwood
- Videogame and tabletop RPG designer Colin McComb
"Readers will find nearly 100 pages of tips, tricks, and how-to guidance from the pros about:
- Designing combat systems
- Sandbox and event-driven adventure design
- Working well in collaborative design
- Optimizing encounters for roleplaying
- Creating memorable characters and dastardly plots
- The principles of 4th Edition design... and more!
"The Kobold Guide to Game Design Volume III is a great resource for professional designers and GMs who want to take their homebrew campaigns to the next level."
More when I get hold of a copy!
Authors: Wolfgang Baur, Monte Cook, Rob Heinsoo, Ed Greenwood, Colin McComb and more.
Publishers' Reference: OPDKGGD3
Paperback, 94 pages
Date: June 2010
Buy this product:
Product page last updated: 4 October 2015