Want to be a published game designer? It takes more than good ideas and a facility for running home-grown adventures your group enjoys.
Publisher's blurb: "Get serious about your game design, with advice from professionals on all the major facets of design. This volume contains more than a dozen crucial essays to help you succeed in freelancing, playtest, and publication, including:
- The Art of the Pitch
- Challenging Players
- Freelance Discipline, AKA Talent Won't Save You
- How to Run a Playtest with Real Results
- Design From the Bottom Up
- What Playtest Teaches You
- Mystery Adventures
- Creating Play Depth
- How NOT to Design a Magic Item
- Fortunate Accidents
- How to Make Your Design Matter
- How to Sell Designs and Influence Editors
"This 59-page collection of essays - many previously presented only to patrons of OPEN DESIGN - is now available to the public for the first time. Improve your design - and your odds of publication - today!"
More when I get hold of a copy!
Authors: Wolfgang Baur and Nicolas Logue
Publishers' Reference: OPDKGGD2
Paperback, 59 pages
Date: December 2008
Buy this product:
Product page last updated: 4 October 2015