|Firefly RPG: Smuggler`s Guide to the Rim
A wealth of additional material including new places to go, new words to say and two whole adventures.
Publisher's blurb: "Smuggler's Guide to the Rim is a supplement for the Firefly RPG that is designed for both players and GMs. The third supplement in the line, the Smuggler's Guide to the Rim introduces Reputation rules for Crewmembers, 12 new archetypes, the Good Shepherd's Run, more Chinese translations, more rules, new in game aids, a pair of Episodes, and more!
"We think you'll appreciate the following:
- Reputation Rules: Find out how to earn your Reputation, how to lose it, and how to make it count. While Reputation rules are player-facing, Gamemaster characters will employ Dispositions to guide interactions with the Crew. In addition to the new Reputation rules, you'll also dive into plenty of examples, read about the four Factions in the ’Verse, and get an overview of Dispositions, too!
- New Crewmember Archetypes and Boats: You'll read about the suggested Reputation die ratings for the Serenity Crew and discover twelve, brand new archetypes along with new ships. They are: Alliance Contractor, Alliance Dogfighter, Alliance General, Folk Hero, Freedom Fighter, Roving Medic, Corporate Broker, Corporate Lackey, Corporate Researcher, Friendly Face, Lone Hood, and the Shady Entrepreneur.
- Good Shepherd's Run: Each location in the Blue Sun and Kalidasa Systems is presented like a brand new Episode for you to dive in and explore with new story ideas, ship rules, adventure ideas, new Antagonists, new Chinese phrases, and a whole lot more! In the Good Shepherd's Run, you'll fly to places like Deadwood, Ghost, Kuan Lo, and strange locations like The Nest!
- All in the Family: Written by Margaret Weis. Nothing's more important than family, ;cept maybe a big ole strongbox of gold coins. Bao-Huang Qin, the leader of the Dragon Tong, has tasked your Crew with recovering his loot, thought lost after it'd been confiscated by the Alliance. Qin ain't askin', though - he's holding Jayne's momma as collateral and his daughter, Fang-Hua Qin, is accompanying the Crew on this job. Easy, right? Problem is it's on a wreck floating in Reaver space, and four mercs sent by Qin's unlikely rival Agnes Pierce will be racin' your Crew to the prize - and they don't give a damn about Jayne's momma.
- Circling the Wagons: Written by Greg Stolze. Folk in the Core think they can put a leash on damn near everyone else in the 'Verse, and one of their leashes is named Special Independent Investigator Garth Mandrake. But a leash matters less to them what love power than who's holdin' it. Mandrake's found himself caught between two political cliques within the Alliance. Their tiff strands him on an uncharted rock facetiously known as Barry's Kingdom, with each side hiring a ship - the Crew and their greatest rivals - to pick him up and get him under their control. The Crews got to deal with double-dealing, rampaging wrecks and the namesake of the planetoid to get the SII in hand while he's still breathing. And that's before the Reavers show up.
- Expanded Appendix: We've included a brand new FAQ, Chinese translations, more Distinctions, maps for the Kalidasa and Blue Sun Systems, and a set of brand new tools for players and GMs - an Advancement Sheet that includes Reputation die ratings and a GMC Sheet to take the guesswork out of building GMCs, too!"
Authors: Margaret Weis, Eddy Webb, Jaym Gates, Dean Gilbert, Greg Stolze, Travis Heerman, Bill Bodden, and Monica Valentinelli
Publishers' Reference: MWP7022
Paperback, 296 pages
Date: February 2015
Buy this product:
Product page last updated: 24 May 2015